It’s hard to think of baseball as half the country is digging out of record breaking snow but football is over and spring training is right around the corner. On those cold weekends that you’re snowed in why not start to gather your tools for the upcoming coaching season…….or you could watch bowling on ABC Sports.
Usually by the end of a season, you’re tired and weary so your coaching book and all the gear gets thrown in the corner of your basement or garage and there it sat. It is also tired, weary and covered in dust. Take an inventory of your tools:
- Do you have enough Five Part Line-up cards left – if not get them at your local sporting goods store.
- Get your clip board for your offensive line-up cleaned up and ready to add your new team roster.
- Check the condition and clean your Erasable White Board for your defense – if you’ve been through multiple seasons it may be time to get a new one.
- Check out the various forms you used last year to see if they need to be edited.
- Prepare an agenda for your first parents meeting.
- Review all of your equipment.
Chapter 3 of my book will be beneficial as you prepare for the spring. Doing these things won’t help get the snow off your driveway but it sure will help your state of mind.